Classes and Events
Papagei Shawl KAL
Papagei is an asymmetrical shawl done in two contrasting colors of 400 yds or more each. The yarn chosen would look best in two contrasting solid colors, or a solid and a variegated color. The whole shawl is done in garter stitch, starting at the tip of the triangle and binding off at the base, ending whenever you feel like it should. An easy to memorize pattern, the shawl incorporates an I-cord border and short rows.
- The KAL will start on Tuesday, August 7 and meet every other week.
Supplies (As always, if you purchase the supplies for this project at HMYC and mention the KAL, you will receive a 10% discount on your purchase.)
- 2 skeins of fingering weight yarn, 400+ yards each (both solid, or 1 solid, 1 variegated)
- 3 stitch markers (optional but they will come in handy and their multiple uses will be demonstrated)
- Circular needles in size to suit yarn. I used a US size 4 with fingering weight but probably could have gone as high as a 6.
Stitches used: knit front and back (kfb), simple I-cord edging, German short rows.
If you are already comfortable with short rows, that is fine. I prefer German Short Rows. Here is a YouTube tutorial on German Short Rows: https://youtu.be/52qy8OOb-s0
KAL leader: Leah Haymaker
Knitting and Crochet Classes
Don't see the class you need? Write to us at email@example.com to make a suggestion!
Beginning Knitting and Crochet
Beginning Knitting and crochet classes are arranged on request. Please ask us in the shop, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (540) 462-2931.
- Teacher: Ellie Boylan
- Monday – Friday July 23 - 27
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- We will spend the week learning a basic crochet skills to make beaded bracelets. We will use old t-shirts to make our own yarn that we will turn into small bowls. We will finish the week making cute pom-pom animals.
- Ages eight to twelve.
- Class size is limited to six students
- Class Fee: $150.00
- Supplies (student will keep) $15.00
- Click here to register
Fall Retreat 2018
Save the dates! Friday, October 25 - Sunday, October 27
More information to come!